Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Brrrrr . . .

It's 17 degrees outside - windchill makes it feel like 4! Yikes!  I went out this morning with everything wrapped up but my eyeballs - and then I thought, dear Lord! My eyes are FREEZING! LOL!  What's a girl to do?  Start the laundry and sit down and sew!

My log cabin blocks are coming along nicely . . .

So now it's time to start my sashing, which will be white/white strips and red/red strips with blue points and blue intersection blocks that will look like this . . .

this will yield a star pattern making the layout look like this . . .

I hope to be done the sashing this week, so maybe actually start quilting this one by end of the month :)

I'm also playing with my dresden blocks that I'm doing for the Dare 2 Dresden Challenge over on Sew We Quilt.  I've never tried them before so this will be a first.  I've chosen a 9" block, and prepared my templates.


My blog will be on the hop on January 30th - so be sure to stop back and see what I've worked out ;)

It's definitely crock pot weather - so I've got to get my chili cooking.  Is it cold where you are?  How you keepin' warm?

3 comments:

  1. Your Reds above are GORGEOUS!!! Can't wait to see that all together. ALSO thank you so much for the Promo Post.. I can't wait to see your Dresden. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your reds, I'm a red-loving girl from childhood. One day at guild meeting one of my friends pointed out that I had some red in every one of my quilts - I hadn't noticed til she pointed it out! I look forward to seeing you dresden on the hop - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also like . . .